Join Our Team
See yourself in the picture
2Sisters Senior Living Advisors is a unique resource as seniors and their families trust us to help them find the right supportive living and care solution. Making an informed decision for such an important choice takes time and industry knowledge that many families don’t have. Join our team of Massachusetts’ Senior Living experts, and help clients navigate this complicated process.
I have been an Advisor with 2Sisters for two years now, I love the blend of working from home and in the field. I feel honored to be part of a team that consistently delivers peace of mind to our clients and their loved ones. I especially enjoy being a valued resource to the professionals in our industry.
I am able to impact so many lives, and that is rewarding to me above all else.
- Kristine Callahan, Senior Living Advisor
I really enjoy working remotely, managing my own territory and client base while guiding each family in solving their unique puzzle. Every family is different, so each day is different. Many are in crisis, others have a long planning cycle, but they all appreciate the support. Hearing their gratitude and knowing people have an improved quality of live is “my reason why.”
- Brenda Stewart, Senior Living Advisor
Senior Living Advisor
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Living Advisor (SLA) who will be crucial to the ongoing success of the company and will have a strong impact on its future direction and growth. The SLA role will support and guide clients potentially all over Massachusetts, but specifically in a designated market area, to learn about and undertake the selection process and choose the right senior care solution and living options. This position will be responsible for meeting clients, conducting the 2Sisters discovery process, informing clients of appropriate options, making referrals to those options on behalf of clients, acting as liaison between clients and professional care providers as needed until a decision has been made. It is a rewarding and critical role to play for so many families in the Commonwealth. It is building relationships with communities, being knowledgeable of options and being that liaison for all parties throughout the process.
The SLA will maximize and align with the companies objectives for growth. The SLA will work closely with the company ownership on future initiatives, new business and strategy, supporting the overall operational success, growth and profitability of this service as well as the newly developed Nursing Home Advisory Service. This position reports directly to the COO, Alyson Powers.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, self-directed, adaptable and passionate about providing unbiased information and guidance clients and families. Because this is a small, entrepreneurial organization, this position will need to work across many disciplines, interacting effectively throughout the organization and fully leveraging the resources available.
Education, Skill and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in sales required.
• Proven ability to uncover needs to build value in a product or service.
• Experience in assisted living environment or similar industry required such as homecare or hospice.
• 5 plus years of experience in nursing or assisted living environment is preferred.
• Proven ability to successfully market and perform outreach to a wide array of consumers and professionals from various fields in order to develop business.
• Must be highly collaborative and effective working across a wide array of team members
• Capability to interact with, support and participate as member of our team
• Proven ability to operate autonomously
• Strong decision-making and organizational skills
• Reliable, detail oriented and highly motivated
• Proven knowledge, experience and proficiency in with various operating systems as well as Microsoft Office and CRM databases.
• Knowledgeable and experienced enough to step right into a fast-paced work environment
• Valid Driver’s License
This job operates in an office and field environment. This work is done remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. The job requires going out in the field and meeting clients outside of the normal working environment.
This is mostly a physical role. This would require the ability to lift up to #50, frequent walking, also do filing, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. It will require use of a vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Designated days and schedule will be primarily Monday-Friday though will also be based on the needs of the operation and business, requiring some weekends, nights and early mornings based on client needs. Days and hours of the main office are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel is required based on the needs of the operation and business, 75% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Act as a guide to clients as they learn about and undertake the selection process to choose the right senior care solution and living options.
• Act as liaison between clients and providers until a decision has been made.
• Meet with professionals to generate lead referrals.
• Perform outreach and appropriate follow-up with professionals who have potential to refer business to 2Sisters.
• Speak to what we do in a manner that is clear, concise, comprehensive and honest; forge mutual referral relationships with professionals and companies and continually strive to strengthen existing partnerships.
• Support the growing business and development plan for the nursing home program and line of business.
• Ensure synergies with branding of 2Sisters as the service is being communicated and delivered.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all the senior living options and senior care resources in your market area.
• Stay abreast of changes within the field, new and upcoming developments and staff turnover.
• Create, maintain and nurture relationships with senior living care providers and options in the designated market, on an ongoing.
• Maintain detailed, accurate and timely records and intended follow up for all interactions with clients and professionals in the 2Sisters CRM database.
• Attend networking events on a regular basis to help 2Sisters maintain a presence in the community.
• Receive and maintain a Certified Senior Advisor (CSA®) designation upon the start of your employment.
• Receive and maintain a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) designation upon the start of your employment.
• Present educational seminars for the public or for professionals, both directly and indirectly related to 2Sisters.
• Responsible for meeting and/or speaking with clients both virtually and in person.
• Work to streamline the process and ensure efficiency in the beginning stages of working with a client. Identify ways to enhance the client experience while optimizing time and resources.
• Assist with ideas, outreach plans and approaches for collateral and PR pieces.
• Meets the financial goals established through the budget process and yearly goals.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of our programs, processes and data to in-turn enhance the company’s value.
• Optimize, maximize and utilize 2Sisters software.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Identify, provide recommendations and implement new ways to improve processes, new vendors to consider and other related ways to work more effectively.
• Work successfully in an individual and team environment. Consider the ideas of others and work collaboratively to accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
• Share your passion for both your role and the company with colleagues and external audiences.
• Passionate about the work of 2Sisters and the various programs within the company.
2Sisters Senior Living Advisors represents a second generation of the Tobin family in the senior living field. The sisters’ parents met and married while working in a nursing home in Framingham, Massachusetts. As young girls, Michelle and Alyson grew up in nursing homes, in an atmosphere of compassion and caring guided by their parents. This upbringing resulted in a passion for the “family business” for both Michelle and Alyson. Both pursued college degrees and separate careers in the senior living field.
In 2008 the sisters reunited, sharing sales and marketing duties for an assisted living community in California. There they discovered that families who worked with referral advisors were more educated on their options, less stressed and better equipped to handle this difficult life transition for their loved ones. From this, 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors began.
Moving back to Massachusetts to be closer to their family, Michelle and Alyson began advising families on making the best senior care choices for their loved ones.