We’re Dying… (Part 2)
In this episode, Michelle and Alyson discuss some of the resources available to help us have important conversations about end of life with our loved ones.
Death is inevitable. We all know this. Let’s explore the options we have to honor our loved ones in the way they want to be honored. What measures can we take, at any age, to alleviate the burden of our inevitable death for our loved ones who are mourning? What are the current trends surrounding the passing of a loved one? Listen in to find out!
Three key takeaways from this episode:
- Dying is a natural part of life. Ignoring or denying this prevents us from getting the closure that we want for ourselves and for our families.
- Embrace what choices we do have when it comes to the end of life. Have the conversations about it.
- Funerals for the living, celebrations of life, death doulas and other trends are changing how we can process the death of a loved one.
- The Conversation project
- Coda Alliance
- Compassion & Choices
- Five Wishes
- Honoring Choices MA
- Hospice Foundation of America
- International End-of-Life Doula Association
- Celebration of life/funeral trends (From website Funerals by T.S. Warden)
You can always schedule a free initial consultation with a Senior Care Consultant at 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors.